Our reliable and affordable best airport bus shuttle services run in connection with all passenger flights at Keflavik Airport, getting you to and from the airport promptly and on time. Find the schedule for our airport bus transfer service here. With passenger safety and comfort top of mind, you always have a seat on our modern fleet, and our dedicated staff is happy to assist. To learn more about our airport bus transfer services, scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Low-cost, quick, and convenient airport bus transfer in a modern, comfortable coach with free wifi from Keflavik International Airport to Reykjavik Gray Line Bus Terminal.
Low-cost, quick and convenient airport bus transfer in a modern, comfortable coach from Reykjavik Gray Line Bus Terminal to Keflavik International
Quick, convenient one-way private transfer from Keflavik International Airport to Reykjavik city with a professional driver, available 24 hours a day
Use our quick, convenient one-way private transfer from Reykjavik city to Keflavik International Airport with a professional driver, available 24 hours a day.
Deciding what to do and see on your holiday in Iceland? Travel with us without worrying about getting to and from Keflavik airport. This is your complete guide to airport bus transfers in Iceland.
Where is Iceland’s international airport?
Iceland’s international airport, Keflavik International Airport, is located in southwest Iceland near the city of Keflavik.
Is Keflavik Airport the same as Reykjavik airport?
No, they are not the same. Keflavik airport (airport code: KEF) is the international airport and is located 45 minutes by car outside of Reykjavik in the town of Keflavik. We offer a shuttle service between Keflavik airport and Reykjavik. Please visit our Airport Bus Transfer page to book your ticket.
Reykjavik airport is a domestic airport located in downtown Reykjavik. Air Iceland (NOT Icelandair) and Eagle Air operate out of Reykjavik airport.
Can you smoke at Keflavik airport?
Yes. At the Keflavik airport, there is a smoking area on the second floor near the Lokisins bar (on the left-hand side) just in front of the restrooms.
How far is it to the main attractions in Iceland from Keflavik airport?
○ Reykjavik City Centre is about 50km (30 miles) away from the airport and is usually a 45-minute drive.
○ Blue Lagoon is just 15 minutes away from the Keflavik airport
○ Golden Circle is more than 80km away and would take just over an hour to reach by car.
How do I get from Keflavik airport to Reykjavik?
Gray Line Iceland’s airport bus transfer is your best bet for getting to and from Keflavik Airport. Both car rentals and taxis are more expensive. Gray Line Iceland offers reasonably priced shuttle bus transfers between the airport and the Gray Line Iceland Bus Terminal at Klettagarðar. Private transfers are also available to locations within and outside of Reykjavik.
How much is a taxi from Keflavik airport to Reykjavik?
A taxi from Keflavik airport to Reykjavik can be quite expensive. The price is calculated by a taximeter and can be upwards of 21.500 krónur (154 euros/171 US dollars). The majority of visitors to Iceland opt for taking an airport bus because it is more affordable and always available. Gray Line Iceland operates a low-cost, quick, and convenient airport bus transfers from Keflavik airport to Reykjavik.
How far in advance of my flight should I take the bus?
The rule of thumb is to arrive 2-hours before your flight, and the drive to Keflavik airport takes an average of 45 minutes, so we recommend that you take your airport bus transfer 3 hours before your flight.
What are my airport bus transfer options in Iceland?
It’s easy to book your bus transfer to and from the airport with Gray Line Iceland. Our professional drivers, comfortable coaches, and free wi-fi ensure that you’ll have a smooth and safe airport bus transfer experience 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
● Keflavik Airport to Reykjavik and Reykjavik to Keflavik Airport shuttles take our guests between the airport and our central hub, Gray Line Iceland Bus Terminal, at Klettagarðar. We also offer hotel, guesthouse, and bus stop pick-up and drop-off, including our downtown stop that is conveniently located one block from the famous shopping street, Laugavegur. Our pick-up and drop-off times align with all scheduled passenger flights to and from Iceland by way of Keflavik International Airport.
● Keflavik Airport to Reykjavik - Private Transfer and Reykjavik to Keflavik Airport - Private Transfer take our guests between the airport and hotels or guesthouses both in Reykjavik and beyond. A private transfer includes: meet and greet at the airport, courteous and professional drivers, punctual, and safe service.