I. KEY TERMS
Gray Line Iceland (“Gray Line” or “we”, “our” or “us”) is a tourism specialist, offering a range of bus sightseeing tours, day tours, Iceland holiday packages, tailor-made travel services, Airport Transfer, pick up and drop off services and/or other related services (“Services”). The Services are accessible and can be purchased by booking a reservation (“Booking”), through the website https://grayline.is (“Website”) and any other websites through which Gray Line makes the Services available (“Sites”).
These terms and conditions (“Terms & Conditions”) are between you and Gray Line if you are using the Services, the Website and/or the Sites. The Terms & Conditions involve the Terms for Websites (as defined in II.A) and the Terms for Services (as defined in II. B).
II. TERMS & CONDITIONS
A. TERMS FOR WEBSITES
When using the Website or the Sites, you agree to comply with and be legally bound by the terms and conditions for using the Website and the Sites (“Terms for Websites”). The Terms for Websites govern your access to and the use of the Website and the Sites. The Terms for Websites constitute a binding legal agreement between you and Gray Line. The Terms for Websites involve the following:
- You are obligated to comply with the applicable laws and regulations of Iceland;
- You are responsible for informing all other parties traveling with you of the contents of the Terms for Websites;
- You will only provide truthful and accurate information when using the Website and/or the Sites;
- You accept to be legally bound by the Terms & Conditions;
- You will not harass, threaten or abuse other people when using the Website and/or the Sites in any manner;
- You will not interfere with others' use of the Website and/or the Sites, including by interrupting other users' sessions, or otherwise act in a way that negatively affects other users' use of the Website and/or the Sites;
- You will not post any content that is obscene or may be hateful or offensive on racial, ethnic, sexual or any other grounds; is harmful, vulgar or distasteful; or is defamatory, libelous, or invades another person's privacy or proprietary rights;
- You will not collect or store personally identifiable information about any other individual on the Website and/or the Sites, or otherwise stalk, repeatedly contact or harass another user;
- You will not impersonate any other person or misrepresent a relationship with any person or entity, including misrepresenting a relationship with Gray Line; similarly, you will not adopt a false identity;
- You will not post any content that contains any viruses, cancelbots, Trojan horses, harmful code, and/or other computer software and/or program designed to interrupt the Website or the Sites we provide, users' ability to enjoy the Website and/or the Sites, or the proper functioning of any software, hardware or equipment or materials used in connection with the Website and/or the Sites;
- You will not use any information on the Website and/or the Sites for any commercial purposes, except as expressly authorized by Gray Line;
- You will not search, mine or link any data or information to or through the Website and/or the Sites without Gray Line´s express consent and authorization;
- You will not send any bulk unsolicited advertising, promotional information, email or other solicitation (including without limitation junk mail, "spam," chain letters and/or pyramid schemes of any sort) to any person through the use of the Website and/or the Sites;
- You acknowledge that the Website and/or the Sites may contain inaccurate, incomplete, or out-of-date information. Gray Line takes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the content of the Websites and/or the Sites and makes no commitment to update such information; and
- In the event of any discrepancy between the Booking and general information on the Website and/or the Sites, the Booking shall prevail.
If you violate any provisions of the Terms for Websites set forth above, Gray Line reserves the right to suspend or terminate your rights to use the Website and/or the Sites without giving you any notice.
B. TERMS FOR SERVICES
When purchasing the Services by making a Booking through the Website and/or the Sites, you agree to comply with and be legally bound by the terms and conditions for the Services (“Terms for Services”). The Terms for Services govern your access to, and the use of the Services and are the following:
1. Confirmation of departure & duration
When you book online, you will receive a confirmation by email stating departure times and the duration of the tours. The estimated duration of tours as indicated on the Website and/or the Sites are standard times and can vary according to road or weather conditions.
Prices for the Services provided by Gray Line are in Icelandic Kronas (ISK). For your convenience, only Gray Line sets forth the prices on its Websites in Euro (EUR) and seeks to update the pricing in EUR regularly in accordance with currency fluctuations.
In some tours offered by Gray Line, up to two children/youth (ages 2 – 17 years) may travel at the children/youth fare with each customer paying the full adult fare.
There is no charge and/or fee for processing credit card payments when the Services are purchased.
4. Promotional code
Special promotional code (“Promo Code”), when offered by Gray Line, must be entered on the payment page of the Website or the Sites at the time of booking. A maximum of one Promo Code per booking can be used.
5. Cancellations & refunds
All cancellations shall be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Most of the Services offered on the Website and/or the Sites are fully refundable when canceled up to 24 hours prior to departure under the Cancellation Policy. The Cancellation Policy is noted on all applicable services with a duration of 24 hours or less. Specific cancellation and refund policies are noted in the description details. In case of a cancellation or change of schedule or tour by Gray Line, you will be notified via email/phone call. In any case of cancellation or change, you will be offered a new date or a new tour or a full refund.
6. Place of departure
It is your responsibility to arrive in good time to check-in for your tour at the place of departure as stipulated in your voucher and/or booking confirmation.
Our Day Tours and Airport Express/Airport Direct transfers start from the Reykjavík Terminal, located at Skógarhlíð 10, 105 Reykjavík, at the departure time given on your voucher and/or booking confirmation.
7. Pick up services
If you have booked pick-up services with Grayline, please note that the pick-up service starts 30 minutes before the scheduled depature time. Please be ready in time for your pick-up in front of your hotel, guesthouse or nearest bus stop (as stated on your voucher).
The pick-up is operated by SmartBus, you´ll notice the green mini-bus with the Grayline logo on it.
You are responsible for your pick up and must be in front of your hotel/guesthouse and visible from the street or at a designated bus stop. Gray Line reserves the right to change the meeting point.
Missing the pick-up and/or the tour bus does not entitle you to a refund of the price paid for the Services.
8. Drop off
Drop off is included when you book pick-up with your tour. Drop off will be at the same location as your pick-up.
9. Baggage on board Airport Express
Customer paying full fares is allowed to store two bags per person, one weighing up to 23 kg (50 lbs) and one hand luggage. Baggage must be clearly labeled. Gray Line acknowledges that baggage is designed to protect its content.
The baggage may, in the course of normal handling, show evidence of wear and tear. Gray Line does not take responsibility for minor scratches, cuts, and dents as well as for items that protrude from baggage, such as retractable handles, wheels, straps, etc. Bicycles are, at an extra charge, accepted as baggage if they are packed in a bag or a box that does not exceed the size limit of (cm): 221L x 102W x 56D.
If you have extra baggage, please contact us to book it beforehand to ensure we have enough space onboard email@example.com
We can also accommodation odd size baggage.If travelling with bicycles, skis, golf sets, or any other odd-size baggage you can book our Economy service. Make sure to book online beforehand to save time.
Packaged and unpackaged bicycles can be transported with our Economy service. For maximum efficiency in the luggage compartment, it is preferred to have them packed in boxes. If unpackaged, then the pedals must be removed and the chain covered. Additional luggage will be loaded as space allows and is subject to additional charges.
10. Customer with special needs
If you have any special needs and/or requests, you should notify the Gray Line customer service desk as soon as possible. Foldable wheelchairs are permitted in vehicles without additional cost but must be notified in advance. GLI cannot be responsible for damages on wheelchairs or other medical assistance equipment, e. g. crutches that occur during tours.t.
11. Re-boarding after stops and rest breaks
When you leave the bus during stops and rest breaks when on Day Tours with Gray Line, it is your responsibility to ensure you re-board the bus at the scheduled departure time. If you are missing or late, the bus will not wait for you. Gray Line will not give any refunds or payment for consequential loss in the event if you do not board the bus before the bus leaves each stop. In such an event, you will have to re-book or find alternative transport arrangements at your own expense.
12. Safety onboard the busses
The safety and comfort of the customers of Gray Line is our main goal.
The fleet of Gray Line includes busses of all types and sizes, which are all equipped with safety belts.
All customers of Gray Line are required to use safety belts when traveling with the busses of Gray Line as stated in Icelandic law.
According to Icelandic law children under 135 cm in size must sit in appropriate child safety seats secured with seatbelts anytime when a vehicle is in motion. Gray Line has a limited number of children’s safety car seats available that provided on request, free of charge. Infant chairs are not available and must be provided by customer.
Sturdy shoes and warm outdoor wear should be worn when traveling in Iceland during all seasons. Most tours include some kind of short walk and/or hike in nature.
14. Lost & found
If you lose clothes and/or other items in your possession during your trip with us, you can contact us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gray Line takes no liability for any kind of damage and/or loss of items in its tour buses.
In the event an item is found in our tour bus, Gray Line takes it aside and keeps it for a period of 30 days from the date it is found. If you contact us within the time-limited mentioned and the item is found, you must provide us with an address to send it to as soon as practicable. You must pay the cost of delivering the item. In the event we do not have an address, we will give the item to charity and accept no liability for the item being given to charity.
15. Food & beverages
Food and beverages are not allowed on board of our busses.
16. Responsibility & liability
Booking the Services, whether or not by instructions from you or a 3rd party, are subject to your review and confirmation. If you do not send us comments on your booking, i.e., a number of persons booked, timing, dates, and locations of departures, as soon as practicable prior to your trip, Gray Line does not accept any liability for any errors and/or omissions in the booking confirmation and/or the Services provided.
You are responsible for providing Gray Line with correct contact information in the event changes are made to the Services you booked with us.
Gray Line reserves the right to alter routes, itineraries or timetables should the necessity arise, including irregularities due to adverse weather and/or road conditions.
No responsibility is taken for losses and/or expenses due to delay or changes of flights, injury, damages, negligence, weather, war, and/or other unforeseeable causes.
17. Feedback and/or complaints
Gray Line welcomes you to send a line with your feedback on our tours.
18. The validity of the ticket
Tickets are valid for two years from the day of purchase.
If you, for some reason, are not satisfied with our Services, please contact us as soon as possible.
19. Photography and filming
It is allowed to take photoes and videos during stops on our tours. Please note that it is not allowed to fly drones during our stops as most sites do not allow drone flights.
We remind passengers to be considerate when taking pictures where other people might be visible.
III. MODIFICATION OF TERMS & CONDITIONS
Gray Line reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify the Website and/or the Sites or to modify these Terms & Conditions at any time and without prior notice. If the Terms & Conditions are modified, we will notify the modification by posting the modification on the Website and/or the Sites. Any modification to the Terms & Conditions will be effective at the time of posting. If you continue to access and/or use the Website and/or the Sites, it will constitute acceptance of the modified Terms & Conditions.
Gray Line shall not be liable for any damages and/or loss relating to the use of, or reliance upon, the Website and/or the Sites.
GRAY LINE ICELAND
Gray Line Iceland
ID 571292 2979