This tour combines some of Iceland's biggest attractions and most popular tourist activities making it the perfect day tour for visitors to Iceland. The tour starts with whale watching from Reykjavik out to the waters of Faxaflói bay, which is the feeding ground for numerous species of whales and sea birds. Arriving from whale watching the tour commences on to Iceland's most popular tourist route, the Golden Circle that loops out of Reykjavik to Þingvellir National Park, up to Geysir hot spring area and Gullfoss waterfall, and back to Reykjavik
Whale Watching Tour from Reykjavik
Your trip starts with a whale watching tour from Reykjavik, where you’ll get a chance to see whales and dolphins in their natural environment on just out from Reykjavik on Faxaflói bay.
Rich Bird life of Faxaflói Bay
The bird life of Faxaflói bay is rich and diverse all year round. Largest flocks are seen in late winter, when Capelin migrates to the area, drawing in thousands of birds and whales to gorge on this life-giving nourishment.
Whales of Iceland Exhibition
After whale watching, you can visit the "Whales of Iceland Exhibition" which is the largest exhibition of its kind in Europe, featuring around twenty-five life-size specimen of whales that live in the waters around Iceland.
Golden Circle Tour
Following whale watching you'll head out on the Golden circle tour that covers Iceland's biggest natural attractions, including Þingvellir National Park, Gullfoss waterfall, and Geysir geothermal area.
Þingvellir National Park
A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Þingvellir National Park, is one of most significant place in Iceland in terms of nature and history. It is the birthplace of the Icelandic Viking age Parliament Alþingi (930 AD), where laws were made and medieval justice carried out.
Þingvellir is home to lake Þingvallavatn, Iceland's largest natural lake, and is the place where the tectonic plates of America and Eurasia meet and drift apart.
Gullfoss waterfall is one of the most popular natural attractions of the Golden Circle trip. Standing next to the double cascade waterfall as it thunders down into the narrow Hvítárgljufur canyon is an unforgettable experience.
Geysir Hot Spring Area
At Geysir geothermal area, one of the highlights is the hot spring Strokkur that erupts with scalding water every 5 minutes.
Not booked your hotel yet? Hotel not listed? Staying with a friend/family?
Don't worry, you can give us that information when you add this item to your cart.
* Please have your e-voucher or ticket out to show the driver.
* Shuttles pick up passengers 45 min. before the scheduled tour departure time.
* This whale watching tour is operated by our partner "Elding Reykjavik Whale Watching" that picks you up from your hotel, guest house and or at your designated bus stop takes you directly on the tour.
* To help ensuring the quickest possible collection we kindly ask you to stand by for pick up in front of your hotel, guest house or at your designated bus stop when pick up starts.
* Shuttles transfer passengers to the departure point for this tour at Reykjavik Harbour, by Ægisgarður pier.
* After the whale watching outing the tour continues on to the Golden Circle which is operated by Gray Line Iceland.
* Please note: after the tour, passengers are dropped off at either their pick-up point or the closest possible point.
Check the status of your tour, including live Northern Lights tour updates, at book.grayline.is.
Need some help? Our call center is open 24 hours every day of the year. 354 540 1313 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org