Walk in the footsteps of your favourite Game of Throne characters and explore the filming locations of this gripping drama
This tour takes you to some of the filming locations in Iceland where you’ll get to experience Icelandic nature just like the cast members: take in the majestic, sweeping views, watch dancing waterfalls, capture the panoramas in the distance, and experience the stillness and solitude.
Starting with season 2 and continuing through season 7, filming of Game of Thrones scenes has taken place in multiple locations in Iceland, during both summer and winter.
This is unusual, because typically a filming location is selected for a particular scenery or even just one scene. Originally, the plan was simply to use Icelandic locations for scenes set north of the Wall, in the Frostfangs and at the Fist of the First Men.
However, the producers of Game of Thrones fell in love with the incredibly diverse landscapes of this Nordic island, with it’s ice-blue glaciers, black volcancic lava, lush green fields and canyons dividing the Eurasian and North-American plate boundaries that run through Iceland.
So, it was decided to come to Iceland for both warm and cold locations, filming in summer and winter as was required. And even if you have not seen the show, the landscape will take your breath away and the tour is enjoyable for all.
You will journey to the south of Iceland to find majestic landscape and nature chosen for the scenes of the popular GoT TV series. Get to know the symbolic significance of the setting in context to the plot:
Not booked your hotel yet? Hotel not listed? Staying with a friend/family?
Don't worry, you can give us that information when you add this item to your cart.
* Please have your e-voucher or ticket out to show the driver.
* Shuttles pick up passengers 30 min. before the scheduled tour departure time.
* To help ensuring the quickest possible collection we kindly ask you to stand by for pick up in front of your hotel, guest house or at your designated bus stop when pick up starts.
* Shuttles transfer passengers to the Gray Line terminal at Holtagarðar where passengers check in for their tour 15 min. before departure.
* Please note: after the tour, passengers are dropped off at either their pick-up point or the closest possible point.
Check the status of your tour, including live Northern Lights tour updates, at book.grayline.is.
Need some help? Our call center is open 24 hours every day of the year. 354 540 1313 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org