I. KEY TERMS
Gray Line Iceland (“Gray Line” or “we”, “our” or “us”) is a tourism specialist, offering a comprehensive range of sightseeing tours, day tours, vacation packages, tailor-made travel services, Airport Express, pick up and drop off services and/or other related services (“Services”). The Services are accessible and can be purchased by booking a reservation (“Booking”), through the website www.grayline.is (“Website”), and any other websites through which Gray Line makes the Services available (“Sites”).
These terms and conditions (“Terms & Conditions”) are between you and Gray Line if you are using the Services, the Website and/or the Sites. The Terms & Conditions involve the Terms for Websites (as defined in II.A) and the Terms for Services (as defined in II. B).
II. TERMS & CONDITIONS
A. TERMS FOR WEBSITES
When using the Website or the Sites you agree to comply with and be legally bound by the terms and conditions for using the Website and the Sites (“Terms for Websites”). The Terms for Websites govern your access to and the use of the Website and the Sites. The Terms for Websites constitute a binding legal agreement between you and Gray Line. The Terms for Websites involve the following:
- You are obligated to comply with the applicable laws and regulations of Iceland;
- You are responsible for informing all other parties traveling with you of the contents of the Terms for Websites;
- You will only provide truthful and accurate information when using the Website and/or the Sites;
- You accept to be legally bound by the Terms & Conditions;
- You will not harass, threaten or abuse other people when using the Website and/or the Sites in any manner;
- You will not interfere with others' use of the Website and/or the Sites, including by interrupting other users' sessions, or otherwise act in a way that negatively affects other users' use of the Website and/or the Sites;
- You will not post any content that is obscene or may be hateful or offensive on racial, ethnic, sexual or any other grounds; is harmful, vulgar or distasteful; or is defamatory, libellous, or invades another person's privacy or proprietary rights;
- You will not collect or store personally identifiable information about any other individual on the Website and/or the Sites, or otherwise stalk, repeatedly contact or harass another user;
- You will not impersonate any other person or misrepresent a relationship with any person or entity, including misrepresenting a relationship with Gray Line; similarly, you will not adopt a false identity;
- You will not post any content that contains any viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, and/or other computer software and/or program designed to interrupt the Website or the Sites we provide, users' ability to enjoy the Website and/or the Sites, or the proper functioning of any software, hardware or equipment or materials used in connection with the Website and/or the Sites;
- You will not use any information on the Website and/or the Sites for any commercial purposes, except as expressly authorized by Gray Line;
- You will not search, mine or link any data or information to or through the Website and/or the Sites without Gray Line´s express consent and authorization;
- You will not send any bulk unsolicited advertising, promotional information, email or other solicitation (including without limitation junk mail, "spam," chain letters and/or pyramid schemes of any sort) to any person through the use of the Website and/or the Sites;
- You acknowledge that the Website and/or the Sites may contain inaccurate, incomplete, or out-of-date information. Gray Line takes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the content of the Websites and/or the Sites, and makes no commitment to update such information; and
- In the event of any discrepancy between the Booking and general information on the Website and/or the Sites, the Booking shall prevail.
If you violate any provisions of the Terms for Websites set forth above, Gray Line reserves the right to suspend or terminate your rights to use the Website and/or the Sites without giving you any notice.
B. TERMS FOR SERVICES
When purchasing the Services by making a Booking through the Website and/or the Sites you agree to comply with and be legally bound by the terms and conditions for the Services (“Terms for Services”). The Terms for Services govern your access to and the use of the Services and are the following:
1. Confirmation of departure & duration
When you book online you will receive a confirmation by email stating departure times and the duration of the tours. The estimated duration of tours as indicated on the Website and/or the Sites are standard times and can vary according to road or weather conditions.
Prices for the Services provided by Gray Line are in Icelandic Kronas (ISK). For your convenience only Gray Line sets forth the prices on its Websites in Euro (EUR) and seeks to update the pricing in EUR regularly in accordance with currency fluctuations.
In some tours offered by Gray Line up to two children/youth (ages 2 – 18 years) may travel at the children/youth fare with each customer paying the full adult fare.
There is no charge and/or fee for processing credit card payments when the Services are purchased.
4. Promotional code
Special promotional code (“Promo Code”) when offered by Gray Line must be entered on the payment page of the Website or the Sites at time of Booking. A maximum of one Promo Code per Booking can be used.
5. Cancellations & refunds
All cancellations shall be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org . Most of the Services offered on the Website and/or the Sites are fully refundable when cancelled up to 24 hours prior to departure under the Cancellation Policy. The Cancellation Policy is noted on all applicable Services with a duration of 24 hours or less. Specific cancellation and refund policies are noted in the description details. Refunds may take up to 14 business days. In case of a cancellation or change of schedule or tour by Gray Line, you will be notified via email / phone call. In any case of cancellation or change your will be offered a new date or a new tour or a full refund.
6. Place of departure
It is your responsibility to arrive in good time to check in for your tour at the place of departure as stipulated in your voucher and/or booking confirmation.
Most of our Day Tours and Airport Express transfers start from the Gray Line Bus Terminal at Holtagarðar, located at Holtavegur 10, 104 Reykjavík, at the departure time given on your voucher and/or booking confirmation.
7. Pick up services
Gray Line offers complimentary pick up services for most of its Day Tours and Airport Express. Pick up is 30 minutes before scheduled departure.
When pick up services are required, you need to make a Booking for the pick-up. There can be exceptions in pick up time and therefore you are responsible to verify the pick- up time on your voucher and/or booking confirmation.
You are responsible for your pick up and must be in front of your hotel/guesthouse and visible from the street. Gray Line reserves the right to change the meeting point.
Missing the pick-up and/or the tour bus does not entitle you to a refund of the price paid for the Services.
8. Drop off
Drop off after tours may sometimes not be right in front of your hotel/guesthouse due to narrow streets and actual bus size used during the tour.
9. Baggage on board Airport Express
Customer paying full fares is allowed to take 2 bags weighing up to 30 kg each. Baggage must be clearly labelled. Gray Line acknowledges that baggage is designed to protect its content.
The baggage may, in the course of normal handling, show evidence of wear and tear. Gray Line does not take responsibility for minor scratches, cuts and dents as well as for items that protrude from baggage, such as retractable handles, wheels, straps etc. Bicycles are, at an extra charge, accepted as baggage if they are packed in a bag or a box that does not exceed the size limit of (cm): 221L x 102W x 56D.
10. Customer with special needs
If you have any special needs and/or requests you should notify the Gray Line customer service desk as soon as possible. Gray Line tries to fulfil its customers wishes at all times. Gray Line welcomes foldable wheelchairs on its busses without additional cost.
11. Re-boarding after stops and rest breaks
When you leave the bus during stops and rest breaks when on Day Tours with Gray Line, it is your responsibility to ensure you re-board the bus at the scheduled departure time. If you are missing or late the bus will not wait for you. Gray Line will not give any refunds or payment for consequential loss in the event if you do not board the bus before the bus leaves each stop. In such event, you will have to re-book or find alternative transport arrangements at you own expense.
12. Safety on board the busses
The safety and comfort of the customers of Gray Line is our main goal.
The fleet of Gray Line includes busses of all types and sizes, which are all equipped with safety belts.
According to Icelandic law it is mandatory to wear safety belts in motor vehicles. All customers of Gray Line are required to use safety belts when travelling with the busses of Gray Line.
Gray Line has a limited number of children’s safety car seats available. The children’s safety car seats can be provided on request, free of charge.
Sturdy shoes and warm outdoor wear should be worn when travelling in Iceland during all seasons. Most tours include some kind of short walk and/or hike in nature.
14. Lost & found
If you lose clothes and/or other items in your possession during your trip with us, you can contact us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
Gray Line takes no liability for any kind of damage and/or loss of items in its tour buses.
In the event an item is found in our tour bus, Gray Line takes it aside and keeps it for a period of 30 days from the date it is found. If you contact us within the time limited mentioned and the item is found, you must provide us with an address to send it to as soon as practicable. You must pay the cost of delivering the item. In the event, we do not have an address, we will give the item to charity and accept no liability of the item being given to charity.
15. Food & beverages
Food and beverages are not allowed on board of our busses.
16. Responsibility & liability
Booking the Services, whether or not by instructions from you or a 3rd party, are subject to your review and confirmation. If you do not send us comments on your booking, i.e. number of persons booked, timing, dates and locations of departures, as soon as practicable prior to your trip, Gray Line does not except any liability for any errors and/or omissions in the booking confirmation and/or the Services provided.
You are responsible to provide Gray Line with correct contact information in the event changes are made to the Services you booked with us.
Gray Line reserves the right to alter routes, itineraries or timetables should the necessity arise, including irregularities due to adverse weather and/or road conditions.
No responsibility is taken for losses and/or expenses due to delay or changes of flights, injury, damages, negligence, weather, war and/or other unforeseeable causes.
17. Comments and/or complaints
Gray Line welcomes you to send a line with your comment on our tours.
If you for some reason are not satisfied with our Services, please contact us as soon as possible.
III. MODIFICATION OF TERMS & CONDITIONS
Gray Line reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify the Website and/or the Sites or to modify these Terms & Conditions, at any time and without prior notice. If the Terms & Conditions are modified we will notify the modification by posting the modification on the Website and/or the Sites. Any modification to the Terms & Conditions will be effective at the time of posting. If you continue to access and/or use the Website and/or the Sites it will constitute acceptance of the modified Terms & Conditions.
Gray Line shall not be liable for any damages and/or loss relating to the use of, or reliance upon, the Website and/or the Sites.
GRAY LINE ICELAND
Gray Line Iceland
ID 571292 2979